ECFMG CERTIFICATION and USMLE APPROVAL
The William C. Gorgas(WCG) School of Medicine has been operating for the past 15 years as a fully licensed, and accredited Medical School in Panama City, Panama. The institution was charted in 1994 the by the Medical Council and Board of Government in Panama. The first enrollees graduated in 1999.
The University and the WCG School of Medicine is recognized by the World Health Organization(WHO), and is listed in the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) of Foundation for the Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER). It is also approved by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) for the training of medical students to take the United States Medical Licensing Exams (USMLE), in preparation for U.S. residencies, and ultimately for licensing in U.S.
Listed below are web sites links for the organizations associated with accreditation of Foreign medical Schools, and the certification and testing of the competency of their graduates:
1. Excellent Medical Education at a reasonable cost.
2. Thorough training in the foundational sciences as part of the pre-med curriculum
3. Thorough training in the Basic sciences in years 1 and 2 of medical school
4. A leading-edge Clinical Training program
5. Excellent Clinical rotations in US hospitals
6. Intensive USMLE review course preparation to ensure high passes
7. Assistance for student placement in US Physicians residency training positions.
The PMMC English Medical Degree Program is committed to providing the necessary guidance and support for each and every student in their quest for becoming a physician. At the WCG School of Medicine, the focus is to provide an excellent education at reasonable cost. There is no mass recruiting and the classes are small.
Our goal is that every student that enrolls will graduate and
become a successful doctor. The school will work with every student to get
them through to the required level to achieve success in the program and on
the USMLE Board Exams.
For more information about student
applications and admissions please contact:
Dr. Anthony Perrin
PMMC English Medical Degree Program
Copyright © 2008[PMMC]. All rights reserved.